Miso butter noodles. One of our favorite menus.
A few tips 😄
- I like to use bucatini pasta instead of Asian noodles for this dish, especially when packing in lunch. It’s because bucatini pasta doesn’t turn sticky and mushy even after sitting in the lunchbox for a while. Spaghetti pasta works too.
- I chop up the noodles for my youngest so it’s easier for her to scoop up.
- Pack the noodles in a thermos so they don’t turn hard in cold temperatures.
- I like to drizzle spicy sesame oil on my dish.
Miso Butter Noodles
lunchbox-friendly miso butter noodles
- 8 oz bucatini or spaghetti pasta
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pasta cooking water + more
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds optional
Cook pasta al dente. Save 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water and drain pasta.
In a pot, melt butter.
Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Add 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water and bring to a simmer. Mix in miso and maple syrup. Whisk until miso is dissolved.
Add parmesan cheese and whisk vigorously until the sauce turns creamy. Add more pasta cooking water to your desired consistency.
Add cooked pasta and hempseeds. Toss to combine.