What about killing three birds with one stone. Make yummy pizzas while spending quality time with your kids, and prep for an easy weekday meal ahead. My 6-year-old had so much fun making mini pizzas with the help of Curious Chef’s kitchen tools. She also felt like a real chef with the Curious Chef’s apron and chefs hat. Are you ready for fun? Let’s get cooking. (This post is sponsored by Curious Chef.)
Step 1: Make mini pizza crusts.
Mini pizzas are a great way for kids to choose their toppings and customize their pizzas. You can use storebought or homemade pizza dough to make the crust. Alternatively, use sliced bagels or English muffins for an easy option.
Get kids involved
- When making homemade pizza dough, kids can help measure the dry ingredients using Curious Chef’s measuring cup and spoons.
- For homemade or storebought pizza dough, kids can help by dividing the dough into smaller portions and shaping them into circles.
Step 2: Partially bake pizza crust
Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat and place the shaped pizza dough. Bake the dough for about 6 minutes at 450 F. Partially baking the crust before topping will end up with crispier pizza crust, which we all love. If using bagels or English muffins, you can skip this step.
Freeze the partially baked crusts in a freezer-safe bag for a quick weekday meal. Cool the crust, add parchment paper between each crust and place them in a storage bag. When ready to eat, leave the crust and let it sit outside while preparing the other ingredients to defrost a bit. Add the toppings and bake until the cheese is bubbly and crust.
Step 3: DIY topping
Let’s dig into the fun part! Kids can pick and choose what they want and top their own pizzas. Place the topping ingredients in the Curious Chef’s prep bowls to make it easier for little kids to grab the food.
shredded mozzarella cheese
Get kids involved
- Kids can help spread the sauce on top of the crusts using Curious Chef’s mixing spoon. Then let them sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Kids can help cut the mushrooms and bell peppers using Curious Chef’s knife and cutting board. Make sure the adults help saute the vegetables before topping the pizza. If topped raw, the vegetables won’t cook through.
- Kids can choose what to top each pizza and sprinkle them on top of the cheese.
Step 4: Bake
Bake at 450 F until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 6~7 minutes. Enjoy!
Step 5: Store
Curious Chef comes with a storage bag where you can store all the tools together, ready for another day of fun.